Sunday, January 8, 2012

The light at the end of the Tunnel... I hope it's not another train!

    The holidays are over.  I am so relieved.  Hell, 2011 is over.  There is not much about the last 4 months of it I will miss.  Jobs were lost and found and  the resulting chaos made for the leanest Christmas I have ever given my children.  My consolation? They really enjoyed the gifts they were given. 


The best part? The new year looks like it can only get better. The residents of my house have been paired down to 5 adults and 2 children. There is a division of labor and bill paying that works for all of us.  We have let go of the  members of our house that were causing  us friction.  We even cleaned off the dining room table .  Even better?  That's where we eat dinner!  Speaking of dinner, we are  all on a health kick with my chef husband, G, aboard! 


The jobs? G is back home and teaching at job corps.  I have much hope for him as he reaches out to those kids that  are looking for one last chance to make it good. Me? I have a new job in a new office.  I  am soliciting and collecting  small loans.  I actually get to get up from my desk and talk to people in the room!  I interact with the public, face to face!  I had not realized how much I had missed that!


There is a lot of new this new year.  I'm ready for the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment